North Port, FL mother gives 15-year-old son oxycodone that caused his death

By BNO News

TAMPA, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) – A Florida mother gave her son oxycodone, which led to a drug overdose, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Linda Kay Courtright, 36, of North Port, Florida, along with husband Billy Jack Courtright, provided Nicholas Block, Linda Courtright’s 15-year-old son, with the oxycodone that he had used and that had resulted in his death.

The North Port Police Department (NPPD) and emergency services crews responded to a hotel room at the Budget Inn Motel in North Port, which was occupied by Linda Courtright, her husband, her son Nicholas Block, and the Courtrights’ three other children, ages 10, 9, and 7.

NPPD detectives found Nicholas dead on one of the hotel beds, and the medical examiner determined after an autopsy that Nicholas's cause of death was due to intoxication from oxycodone.

Linda Courtright pleaded guilty, and she now faces a minimum mandatory term of 20 years in federal prison and up to life.

Billy Jack Courtright has a change of plea hearing scheduled for April 28, 2010.

(Copyright 2010 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without explicit prior permission from BNO News B.V. Contact sales@bnonews.com for more information about subscriptions.)

Your Ad Here

Comments are closed.