Glenn Beck makes it official – He’s leaving New York City
(WIREUPDATE.com) — Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck announced Saturday he has finally sold his Connecticut home and will be moving out of New York City in the near future.
After a year of teasing on both his radio and television programs, Beck made the announcement during a live broadcast on GlennBeck.com from Albany, New York. Beck said leaving New York would be part of his post-Fox News life.
Other notes from the broadcast (via @JoeBrooks):
- Glenn Beck said there were Pro-Glenn Protesters outside the theater today.
- When Glenn Beck brought up Donald Trump a few people in the audience began cheering, Glenn replied, “Really?”
- “I don’t know where [Obama is from] I don’t think he’s from where they issue birth certificates – I think he’s from Hell.”
- Glenn in a Satan voice: “Put your little hooves on this paper” refering to Barack Obama’s birth certificate
- ”It’s time to take personal responsibility and it’s time to be honest with the American People.”
- Glenn Beck places Allen West as President and Michelle Bachmann as VP. Someone in crowd yells “Ron Paul” He says I have plans for Ron Paul
- Glenn says that Ron Paul should be Sec of Treasury, and as Secretary of Defense would be… no one, we have Allen West as President.
- Glenn Beck: @theblaze is only the beginning of news and information that i will be providing for radio, television, and internet.
- Glenn Beck: I’m about to build a research department that will utilize the idle brains that we have, retired CIA, military, phd’s
- Glenn Beck: I’m going to make sure that Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart don’t occupy the space of comedy alone.
- Glenn Beck: What you are about to see in a few months is a new way to communicate with each other …
- Glenn says he going to build a way to deliver news directly to the youth of America.
- Glenn Beck: We were each born with a purpose, born at this time for a reason. I don’t care what your [situation] is, your job is. You were born here for a purpose and the first thing you’ve got to do is… have no fear. Have no fear.
- Glenn Beck: The last thing I will be doing, I will be leaving New York City.
- Glenn Beck: As we build a new media I’m not building it in New York.
- Glenn Beck: [America isn't great] because we only have two crappy castles, one in Florida and one in Anaheim. (joking about Disney’s castles).
- In the Q&A session Glenn says the only time he’d be running is when he’s yelling at other people to RUN! (as in for the hills).