Aruban prosecutors say new Natalee Holloway confession is wrong on essential parts

By

AMSTERDAM (BNO NEWS) — Aruban prosecutors on Monday said they put doubts to a confession made in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, in which a Dutch man again claims to have disposed of her body.

The confession of 22-year-old Joran van der Sloot, which was first reported on last week, was aired on Dutch television on Sunday. Van der Sloot has been the main suspect in the case since Holloway went missing while on vacation in Aruba in 2005.


Van der Sloot had earlier told an undercover reporter that the girl died unexpectedly while they were making out on the beach. He then said he dumped her body in the ocean. He denied his confession immediately after he found out the conversations were recorded.

In the latest confession, Van der Sloot claims Holloway accidentally fell from a balcony after she had allegedly used cocaine. He said he then dumped her body in a swamp.

Aruban prosecutors say that, even though the events do fit in the previously established time line, the statements appear to be wrong on essential parts of the story.

The confession aired on Sunday was first provided to prosecutors on August 31, 2009.

This story will be updated. Refresh for updates.

Your Ad Here